The content of the RRStar (online Rockford Register Star) blogs have an overwhelmingly liberal slant in both content, links, and quantity.
I established this blog in an attempt to provide Rockford with political balance and to demonstrate the type and quality of content the RRStar could offer to its readers.
Checking the stats of their political blogs it is clear that they need more of a balanced portfolio of political blogs.
Again, here are the political blogs available at the RRStar:
- Applesauce is a prolific far left blog that addresses national issues. The content is mainly composed of links to the left wing of the blogosphere along with a short quips, photo, and video content. Occasionally there are longer posts that include opinions on the items linked. Comments are quickly answered, often with another quip.
- In Chambers is a blog that covers Illinois state politics. It appears to be right of center but that could be the result of its adversarial nature to the current state administration. There is no real interaction in the comments.
- Sweeny Report is a blog written by the Political Editor of the Register Star. Postings are sporadic, concentrating on local, state and national issues and are mainly short thoughts on events with few links.
- Why We Vote is a group blog consisting of the thoughts of the members of the Register Star's voters opinion panel. The posts are mostly left of center (including those from the independents to date). The conservative member who was posting, sadly, passed away recently.
- Applesauce 32 posts with 28 out links 10 YouTube.
- In Chambers 3 posts with 16 out links 0 YouTube.
- Sweeny Report 7 posts with 7 out links 0 YouTube.
- Why We Blog 4 posts (4 left) 0 out links 0 YouTube.
- Applesauce 147 posts with 157 out links 26 YouTube.
- In Chambers 23 posts with 214 out links 1 YouTube.
- Sweeny Report 29 posts with 18 out links 0 YouTube.
- Why We Blog 25 posts (22 left 1 right 2 unknown) 1 out links 0 YouTube.
If your interested in balance in the RRStar blogs keep coming back and let the RRStar know.