Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pre-Testing Update

There are two typical phases of off medicine cycles. The first is where there is a slight degradation of cognitive and physical functions. The second is where there is an extremely steep drop off in functional ability that it reminds you of exactly why you were on meds to begin.

I can tell by the first or second day which cycle I'm in and this time is the later.

My evening consisted of turning on the wrong burner, attempting to communicate two different stories/ideas at two different times and having neither one be comprehensible, even after composing myself and restarting, not being able to hold a knife because of a loss of muscle strength, and putting dry goods in the refrigerator and refrigerated goods in the cabinet.

It is 1AM and I just finished reading the days news feeds, mainly due to comprehension and concentration but also due to exhaustion.

This is not going to be a good week, definitely cycle 2.

Anyway, I am apologizing in advance for any rambling, please hold out, it will pass.
David

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License