Monday, July 28, 2008

It's The Gas Pump, Stupid!


DON WADE:  HOW TO GET ELECTED IN 2008 
The new bumper sticker for this year’s winning political campaign, regardless of who the candidate is, will be:
                                    IT'S THE GAS PUMP, STUPID!
Because the American people want one thing more than anything: their American lifestyle. And that lifestyle is threatened by a couple of things:
1. Oil prices
2. Environmental extremists
The winning political message is going to be:
You elect me, and I will vote yes ---to drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico.
You elect me, and I will vote yes ---to drilling for oil off the Atlantic Coast and the Pacific
                                                        Coast.
You elect me, and I will vote yes ---to drilling in Alaska’s Anwar.
You elect me, and I will vote yes ---to oil shale extraction in Colorado.
I will vote yes for more refinery construction.
I will vote yes to nuclear power plants.
I will vote yes to wind farms and hydro-electric dams.
I will vote yes to subsidizing research into alternative energy sources.
Vote for me and my energy plan will radically reduce your gasoline price at the pump.
Vote for me and every product you buy at the supermarket will come down in price radically because the energy to produce it will plummet. 
Vote for me because I want what you want… the American way of life.
                                                                                              
I don’t know which candidate will express this message, but the one who does… will win. And that’s not just the presidential race, that’s in the congressional races, as well.
If you embrace that message, you will be elected because that’s what Americans want. 
                                    IT'S THE GAS PUMP, STUPID!

Don Wade AM co-host of the Don Wade and Roma show on WLS
DKK

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License