Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Self Reliance -- Gun Rights

In 2006 there was a study done. 36% of owners say they were very happy. If they own a gun, 36% said very happy. 9% were not too happy. Meanwhile those who didn't own guns, only 30% of people without guns were very happy. 16% -- that's double -- were very unhappy. Less than 15% of gun owners spent their time feeling outraged at something that somebody has done. I'm sorry. No, no, no, I'm sorry. 15% less than those who didn't own a gun spend their time worrying about something that somebody had done, something they were pissed off about. Gun owners are happier.

Now, why is that? Self-reliance. Self-reliance. Here's the question. Those in need have to take care of themselves. In 2004 gun owners were 10 percentage points more likely than nongun owners to agree, that those in need have to take care of themselves. So I'm not running to religion. I'm not running to my gun. I have my religion because it makes me a stronger person. It helps me make sense of the world and my place in it and it helps guide me and helps me understand the failures and the successes that I have, to keep them both in check. My gun is my way of protecting myself, my family and my property. It is my right because I'm not going to wait for the police. I'm not going to wait for something. If somebody's in my house and they are trying to hurt my family, I will take care of it unless the police are there. It doesn't make me bitter. It makes me stronger. Those who are bitter are those who feel alone and the Government has abandoned them.

Glen Beck on bitter gun owners
.
DKK

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License